Say Hello to Pocket Lists 2!
Pocket List 2 is available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-lists-2/id1272049520
We are releasing the new version in the preview state, because right now it is released as an iPhone-only app (UPD: iPad version is available now!). The full release featuring all-new cloud sync, list sharing and some more useful features is in the works and is coming later this year.
What’s New in Pocket Lists 2
- The UI: new in almost every details, but instantly familiar to every Pocket Lists app user
- (coming soon) All-new fast and reliable cloud syncing platform
- 350+ new list icons and 50+ cover images that will help you to make every to-do list look and feel all-new and unique
- To-do Stream filters: Scheduled, Starred, Nearby, High Priority, Repeating, Completed
- Starred (favorite) to-dos
- Custom repeating intervals
- Gesture control for to-dos: swiping left and right, unpinching, holding and dragging, and more
- Calendar view bringing all your scheduled to-dos in a monthly timetable (simply rotate your iPhone into landscape to see the calendar)
- Support for #hashtags
- Re-written from scratch in Swift
- Full 64-bit compatibility
- Improved performance and speed
New price — $0
Pocket Lists 1 was a paid app ($4.99), and we are proud to make both the new Pocket Lists 2 and the upgrade totally free!
In order to keep the development going, we will be rolling out a bunch of premium features available as an optional in-app purchase. And don’t worry — a solid base part of the app will always be free.
Why was Pocket Lists 1 discontinued?
Pocket Lists 1 was discontinued because of 32-bit development lock-in.
We were forced to make Pocket Lists 2 an all-new app, because 32-bit apps are not allowed to run under iOS 11, and Pocket Lists 1 app (initially designed in 2011) was a 32-bit-only app that could not be re-compiled for 64-bit. It means that the old app would either be abandoned, or we will release the complete new version. That’s what we did, and that was the best (and the only) way to continue project development.
What’s next for Pocket Lists 2
For Pocket Lists 2, it’s just the beginning! Here are some insights on what we are working on right now and what’s coming soon:
- RELEASED 02/12/2018 Pocket Lists app for iPad (universal app).
- UP NEXT A bunch of new free and premium features for the iPhone app: locking to-do lists with Touch ID, Face ID, and passcodes, subtasks, superpriorities, additional to-do stream filters, and some more.
- April / May 2018: All-new cloud syncing platform that will sync data between iPhone and iPad apps and enable to-do list sharing.
- May 2018: PocketLists.com web app to access your to-dos and lists using a browser.
- 2018: Pocket Lists iMessage app.
- 2018: Pocket Lists macOS app.
- Later in 2018: A bunch of new secret teamwork features that we prefer not to disclose for now :)
Are there any Pocket Lists 1 features that are missing in the new Pocket Lists 2 app?
Few features were abandoned due to low use rate: OCR for to-do lists (converting photos into checklists), syncing with Google Tasks and Toodledo.
Some features are to be added with upcoming Pocket Lists 2 updates, i.e. to-do hierarchy, cloud sync, list sharing, and more.
What does PREVIEW status mean?
We are putting the new release (as of September 2017) in the preview state, because right now it is released as an iPhone-only app. The full release featuring all-new cloud sync, list sharing and the new iPad app is in the works and is coming later this year.
The app is ready to be used at full speed. There will be no need for additional migrations after preview stage is over.
[LEGACY] Pocket Lists Cloud
If you were using Pocket Lists Cloud sync with Pocket Lists 1, here is a direct URL to access your data using a web browser: http://www.pocketlistsapp.com/cloud/
The new cloud sync (which is in the works right now) will be fully independent from the old one and will provide a much better speed, reliability, and overall user experience.
Upgrade from Pocket Lists 1
We have made Pocket Lists 1 -> 2 data migration fully automated (and free!) to make sure you can continue using Pocket Lists under iOS 11. Here is how to upgrade:
- Update your Pocket Lists 1 to the latest version (5.0.0) on the App Store. This upgrade will turn your Pocket Lists 1 app into a single-screen “bridge” app and pack your data ready for the migration.
- Get Pocket Lists 2 on the App Store and launch it. Tap “Import My Pocket Lists” (either on the Welcome screen, or in the app Settings).
- Done! Your data will be migrated automatically.
After your data was copied to Pocket Lists 2, feel free to delete the old Pocket Lists 1. But please be sure not to delete the old app before the migration is complete!
We are now a 1312 Inc. Officially.
1312 team is based in Russia. The team consist of few remote-working developers and designers. The 1312 HQ is located in Sochi, Russia on Rosa Khutor ski resort — in the very heart of 2014 Winter Olympics.
Follow us on Instagram or Facebook:
If you have any questions about the new app, please don’t hesitate to drop us a message:
We always welcome your feedback and will be glad to hear how to make Pocket Lists fit your daily workflow even better. Stay in touch!
* * *
Pocket Lists 2 on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-lists-2/id1272049520